Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas All!

Hey All!

Just a small post to wish everyone a great Christmas or whatever you may celebrate this season.

I finished up the ATR teams and am just finishing up the 45mm AT gun...
Used a grey (German Grey 995) instead of black to paint the ATRs and highlighted with gun metal. I think I will go a tad lighter next time - say Dark Bluegrey 867. A few painters work I have seen use light grey for metal (WPB and Crac des Chevaliers) and I like the look but don't want to go too light.

Had to make a few late-production corrections, specifically recarving the capped gunners face (huge flash) and the helmeted SMG figure right hand. It was an enormous paw with these really long fingers that just looked mutated even when painted.

Pretty happy with the way these turned out especially the helmeted team. Their faces really came together well but when I originally posed up and glued them down, you couldn't even see either one! I broke them free and reposed to show more of the face.















Cheers!
Troy

7 comments:

sean said...

They look amazing. It is going to make me a while to work through all your old posts so I don't miss anything.

Chevalier de la Terre said...

Awesome Troy as always: your faces are simply superb!

CdlT

Justin said...

Brilliant work, very clean.

deathkorps said...

Madness! I love it

Scottswargaming said...

Jeez, thats great detail work on 15mm figs! I love the binoculars

Mirek said...

Great work - beautiful highlights!

MinutiaeofWar said...

Very nice detailing and effects. i attempted to use the same style highlighting for some of my weapons and it just looked like the paint has chipped off. I have come back to reallly analyse the way you have done it because it looks amazing. i really like the way you have used the grey. i have been guilty of just smothering weapons in gun metal and it has just looked cartoony. Great faces and great work, looking forward to seeing the finished product.