Thursday, January 26, 2017

Goryunov SG-43

Hey All!

PART I

Just a small post - on a missing product in 15mm, the Soviet SG-43 Goryunov HMG.

In preparation for Salute 2017 in Vancouver, I realized I will need two SG-43 MMGs teams for the Schwere Kompanie 'Lost Panzers' scenario I am planning to host.

As pointed out on the BF forum, the mini is available in the Flames Of War Vietnam product line as the Type 57 HMG though it is missing the shield, has the wrong crew and carriage. I'm guessing you could head swap the crew and modify the uniform but I wanted to see if I could make something passable - and spending 50 bucks for 3 MGs is out of my budget!
I turned the barrel on the dremel and built the body from plastic.
Crew taken from the AA DsHK 1938 (modified) and midwar Maxim HMG blisters.
Little bits made from brass sheet...

PART II





Cheers!

Troy

6 comments:

daveb said...

"Turned the barrel on the dremel". Does this mean you use a dremel tool as a lathe? Is there a cool rig, or more like clamping in a vise and having a steady hand?

Unknown said...

http://imgur.com/a/qwa0C -

Ritterkrieg said...

Спасибо

Troy

Ritterkrieg said...

Yes Dremel as a lathe. no cool rig just a steady hand...and safety glasses!

JOHNBOND said...

Excellent work Troy, always inspiring
cheers JOhn

UBSE 12th Model Paper 2021 said...

Tripura Board 12th Class Latest and Last Year Exam Study Material for Syllabus, Question Paper etc, Hindi, English Medium Pdf Format, Tripura 12th Model Paper 2021 Students Download Tripura Board 12th Model Paper 2021 at Official Website Only.